A lot of my clients rip out a favorite living room or kitchen picture from magazines to show me the look they are going for in their own homes. Whether the budget allows for all new furniture, or a just a few new pieces mixed in with the old, not everyone can successfully pull together a room from a picture without help, so how do you achieve the Veranda Magazine look with an Ikea budget?
|The lovely and talented Kelley Proxmire's room in the DC Design House|
Our approach with a $2,000 Budget
1. Suzanne Kasler Poste Carte prints from Ballard $159 each.
2. Ikea Ektrop Love seat in white $379
3. Ikea Ektrop Bromma Footstool in Svanby Brown $149
4. Ballard Designs Atoll Mirror $199-$299
5. Sears Amelie Slipper Chair $360
6. Benjamin Moore Night Horizon 2134-10
1. Throw $285 shop.cococozy.com
2. Fabric for Pillows Scramble in Chocolate $28.99 per yard at Calico Corners
Left: Horchow John Richard Chandelier $725
Right: Overstock.com Fabric Shade 3-light Crystal Chandelier $115.99