Monday, March 3, 2014

Catching Up

I can't believe it's already March! Clearly my 2014 New Year's resolution of getting back to blogging hasn't been as successful as I had hoped. Now that Jack is finally settling into a routine that doesn't involve waking up every 3-4 hours in the middle of the night, I am slowly getting my momentum back. Between Mom and I we have a lot of really fun projects in the works, that I can not wait to share with you all. For the time being I am only working part time so I can stay home with Jack, which means fewer client's but bigger projects. Until some of these projects wrap up, here are a few pictures of all the progress Mom has been making at her house!


Her Lee sofa, which is literally 18 years old, desperately needed to be re-upholstered. We picked a great Thibaut herringbone fabric that looks fabulous with her oriental rug, and as an added bonus disguises dog hair (black and yellow!) really well. Even though the pups are not allowed on the furniture, as all lab owners know, the hair is everywhere.







Another new addition to the living room are two french doors on either side of the fireplace which lead out onto the new porch. The construction was completed last fall but I never posted pictures of the living room, only the kitchen and porch sneak peak





Although the renovation was officially completed in the fall the shutters for the new doors and windows didn't arrive until December. It looks amazing in person, these pictures do not do it justice. I was thinking of waiting until spring to post the after photo's because nothing looks good in the winter with dead grass and no leaves on the trees but oh well. 







3 comments:

  1. I do know about labs and their hair, but what sweet dogs. The sofa looks so good and those doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new sofa, where can I get a sample of the fabric. I'm in Canada.


    Barb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...